Let Us Manage Your Complex State and Local Taxes
State and local tax regulations can be extremely obscure and complex. Even the best-intentioned multi-state organization may inadvertently overlook certain tax obligations, thus becoming liable not only for the tax itself but also for unanticipated interest and penalties. Tax-hungry states and local municipalities need more money to operate, and are consequently growing more aggressive.
Few clients have the resources necessary to stay up-to-date on the latest developments in these areas. Don’t let lack of knowledge put you at risk of being assessed for major tax liabilities. Get the professional guidance, training, and assistance you need to successfully manage state and local tax complexities.
Our professionals have developed the SALT Opportunity Study (SOS), designed to familiarize you and your key executives with relevant aspects of state and/or local income and franchise tax, sales and use tax, and nonresident payroll tax withholding and property taxes. Once the SOS program identifies your problem areas, we analyze and determine things such as noncompliance liabilities and compliance costs.
Our goals are to:
- Clarify your needs and help set priorities
- Suggest and implement solutions
- Train your employees upon request
A number of factors contribute to an increase in concern for today’s taxpayer. These include:
- The “Wayfair v. South Dakota” U.S. Supreme Court decision may change what states you must register and pay tax
- Cash-strapped state governments
- High-tech information sharing within and between state agencies and with the federal government
- Increased compliance efforts
- Stricter penalties
- New laws